نقطة إهتمام جديدة (مثل الدهاليز و زعماء العالم) تظهر بعقد(بشكل) متطور. هذا المحتوي يتكيف مع تطور المناطق الموجودة به.
- سوف تتغير الكثافة.
- صعوبة المحتوي سوف تتغير.
- قد يتغير المحتوي بلكامل , إعتمادا علي ما يتطور وكيف يتطور .
- أنواع جديدة من الوحوش وإختلاف القصة (المهمات).
- فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة في حالة أن العقد تطور لمراحل معينة .
- القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد.
- الجوائز في المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها.
الدهاليز المحيطة و النقط الاخري حول الخريطة سوف تتأثر بتطور العقد. فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة إذا طورنا العقد إلي مستوي معين. القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد الجوائزفي المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها . علي سبيل المثال لنفترض أن البشر طورو عقد في المنقطة ج, و أصبحت مجموعة من المهمات متاحة مما يقود اللاعبين إلي أكتشاف دهاليز المناطق المجاورة .ولنفترض أن هذا العقد تم تطويره في منقطة صناعية… قبل تطور العقد , كان هذا الدهليز متاح… ولكن الأن نفس الدهليز أصبح يمتلك وحوش جديدة و تغيرت جوائزه لتصبح جوائز تستعمل للصناعة بسبب تطور العقد . وربما , قد يظهر زعيم جديد في غرف مختلفة من الدهليز التي سوف تحتوي علي مغامرة مختلفة و مهمات مختلفة , مثل شئ غامض مع مهمة للحصول عليه والمهمة يمكن فقط قبولها إذا تطور العقد إلي نقطة معينة في منطقة معينة , حول العالم . نظامنا واسع جدا, بما يتعلق ب الترابط و كيف يتأثر العالم بللاعبين.
- ١ ملاعلا ةطيرخ
- ٢ Roads
- ٣ Dungeon locations
- ٤ Landmarks
- ٥ Corrupted areas
- ٦ Underwater nodes
- ٧ Economic regions
- ٨ Castle regions
- ٩ Zones and progression
- ١٠ Battlegrounds
- ١١ Artwork
- ١٢ See also
- ١٣ عجارملا
The world of Verra features an in-game viewable world map. This map is not randomly generated, and begins covered in a fog of war. Players will not be able to see the world until they have explored it or gathered information about it. The world is also full of imperfect information, which will require the player to act on it for verification.
- For example, you may hear a rumor in a tavern that tells you the location of a cave full of weak Kobolds, but this was not accurate as the rumor was started by well-equipped bandits in order to waylay overconfident adventurers.
- These points of interest are determined by Node progression; and not every server will share the same map, as player decisions will vary server to server.
- The map UI will potentially incorporate player created location markers that are visible by other party members.
- Even though we're an open-world that doesn't mean that from a design perspective, especially with the way our economic systems work, that we will want to create Geographic choke points. – Steven Sharif
- Starting areas are located near one of the four divine gateways where players spawn into the world.
- Each race has its own starting area.
- Starting areas include expeditionary NPC settlements that serve as initial quest origination points. ملعلا-wise, these settlements represent scouts that were sent ahead of the main expedition back to Verra.
A problem that a lot of MMOs have is that those starting areas become just kind of vacant of players and it's so sad because the greatest aspect of an MMO is that community that you get to experience, so one of the great things about the node system is that it really works from new player acquisition standpoint, where these nodes tend to develop larger near the starting location areas around the world; and it brings these players back to those locations if they're citizens and want services within those cities. So, as new players enter the world they're going to actually be surrounded most likely by more population because people are coming back to those larger nodes. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 starting area
Alpha-2 starting area
- The largest roads are referred to as arteries. These are remnants of what was once the ancient highway system of Verra.
- As nodes advance smaller roads, referred to as veins, connect the arteries to the nodes.
- Depending on the stages of node advancement, capillary roads will stem off the node to connect to points of interest.
- Roads or pathways are not worn into the landscape by repeated traffic over the same area.
- Pathways that are open during summer may be closed during winter.
- Seasonal affects may cause obstacles or blockages to the transit of goods via caravan.
- Water turning to ice in winter, enabling players to walk over the water but blocking access to what is underneath.
- Ice will make roads bumpy and slippery.
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Raid bosses.
- The difficulty level and loot tables of these encounters will change based on this influence.
List of notable dungeons
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where The Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
- These are sources of NPC events that players need to address before they grow out of hand.
- Players need to participate in these events to stop the spread of corruption and hold back the intrusion on the material plane.
- If players fail to address these corrupted areas, the frequency of NPC events against their node will increase. These can lead to node buildings and services being disabled, increasing the node's vulnerability to node sieges.
- Corrupted areas do not confer corruption onto a player.
There are certain things that can happen, such as the spawning of dragons or hordes of zombies that are going to come out and attack those installations, those nodes, those points of interest; and... communities that don't respond to those in an effective way might see the disabling of certain services, the reduction of certain quest lines for particular organizations. The idea is to keep this as part of a believable living response from world, so those can get pretty significant the bad effects that can happen for the community. – Steven Sharif
- There won't be nodes underwater or in the water.
- Castle regions are larger and encompass multiple economic regions.
- دقعلا are the glue that hold castle and economic regions together in potential synergy or chaos.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- Guild castles impose a tax on all revenue for the nodes within its region.
Zones and progression
تانازنزلا, تاراغلا, ملاعلا ءاسؤر, Mobs, هلئسا, Events, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- For example, if the event takes place in a zone that has a base population of let's say average level 25, then one of the trigger conditions might be that 10 monsters of level 25 have been killed recently in that zone and the level 25 event will now spawn additional content designed for level 25 players. So these events aren't always going to be end-game they're going to be obviously appropriate based on the content in which the predicate system is informing, but they also could be something completely top level that is introduced at a lower-level area and brings population traffic of the players back to those types of things. – Steven Sharif
You can show the initial territories on the Verran map of what these particular nodes have governance over, or their Zones of Influence as we like to call them... As the simulation of this begins to advance and nodes begin to expand their territory and they begin to take over nearby nodes as a result of their of their growth, you start to see these power level ratings that are applied here on specific nodes that determines what type of takeover power it has and and what it pushes back against for other nodes that are looking to take over new territory as they advance. – Steven Sharif
- It also simulates events, such as NPCs attacking and disabling certain node buildings and services. Failure to successfully respond to these will reduce the node's "health ticker", which will slow down the XP gains from the node.
It also simulates events: So each of these nodes will have a health ticker: when that health ticker is impacted it'll stop gaining power or gaining or slow down in its gaining of experience; and that's because certain events can affect a node by disabling certain services, disabling buildings. Players don't respond to that horde of zombies that have come out of the nearby ravine then those zombies can attack stables, they can attack service buildings, and prevent particular types of quests or activities and services from happening until it's repaired. – Steven Sharif
- ةدقعلا راصحلا are simulated, with successful sieges destroying the nodes, and where unsuccessful sieges won't destroy the node but may result in disabled buildings or services, similar to events.
It simulates the sieges if a particular node has a certain frequency that's set where we want to see randomization of how nodes get affected by sieges. Sometimes they'll be destroyed in the simulation. Sometimes they'll have disabled services again, similar to an event, because they didn't succeed necessarily at sieging the node but they did succeed at disabling some of the buildings as part of that siege. – Steven Sharif
- It simulates what outcomes may happen in the live game as a result of player activity, such as splitting up a particular ZOI across a waterway, or having territories expand out to islands or across continents.
It simulates what players could potentially do as well when the game goes live; and that might include things like splitting up a particular Zone of Influence across a waterway, having your territory expand out to an island, or across continents. These are these are the types of things that we want to see players do eventually obviously but this tool provides the design team the opportunity to see it repetitively and over a fast period of time so they see these different types of outcomes. – Steven Sharif
- My definition of what a battleground is- and it's non-traditional. It's not typically something that is defined in the same way in other MMORPGS, but I kind of view them as these small skirmishes that might lead up to a siege or to a war and they might have capture points during node and castle fights; and these PvP objectives may be more relevant for smaller groups than for giant raids; and you might have concurrently running objectives during a particular event where you have to dispatch groups simultaneously to go address these objectives in order to complete one particular type of event or one particular type of of success condition. – Steven Sharif
- ةدقعلا راصحلا.
- راصحلا هعلق (potentially).
- Objective based guild wars.
- Outside of these points of interest, normal PvP flagging rules apply.
- Death penalties (mostly) do not apply to objective-based events (such as caravans, guild wars, and node sieges).
- Our castle system, our sieges against nodes, the caravan system, battlegrounds that exist, guild wars: We want there to be a meaning to this conflict. We want players to actually have some skin in the game when it comes to participating in PvP. – Steven Sharif
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter
- Reddit: World map.
- مقابلة, 2017-05-22 (22:54).
- The mighty beard!
- البث المباشر, 2022-05-27 (2:33).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (1:25:11).
- البث المباشر, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- البث المباشر, 2020-03-28 (32:30).
- البث المباشر, 2020-07-25 (1:03:03).
- البث المباشر, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (29:25).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-28 (25:20).
- فيديو, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (17:23).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (16:05).
- البث المباشر, 2022-05-27 (1:04:29).
- فيديو, 2022-05-27 (3:46).
- البث المباشر, 2021-01-29 (55:44).
- البث المباشر, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (33:25).
- البث المباشر, 2018-02-09 (45:48).
- فيديو, 2022-05-27 (15:50).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- البث المباشر, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- البث المباشر, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (22:53).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (50:03).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (1:17:12).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:32:24).
- البث المباشر, 8 April 2018 (AM) (18:29).
- البث المباشر, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:01:28).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (44:13).
- البث المباشر, 2021-09-24 (30:26).
- Types of Events on Verra.
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (41:27).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-05 (14:26).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (45:14).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (45:19).
- البث المباشر, 2022-06-30 (1:14:52).
- البث المباشر, 2021-08-27 (1:22:56).
- البث المباشر, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- فيديو, 2017-04-30 (5:31).