- Around 80% of the content is open-world, where healthy competition is an instigator for player friction; for potential cooperation; for the ability to yield alliances; and the political theater that comes with it. This is an intended part of the PvX design of Ashes of Creation.
- In situations where we want to contain a particular type of raid, we will utilize instancing; and that can protect certain engagements with certain bosses. But that's really more on the 20% of the scenarios will have instancing protection like that. Around 80% of the content is open-world, where competition is- healthy competition is an instigator for soft player friction; for potential cooperation; for the ability to yield alliances; and the political theater that comes with it. So that's an intended part of the PvX design of Ashes. It's a core philosophical point. And just to be clear, that is not for everyone. We are not trying to make a product that appeals to every MMO gamer. That's impossible; and so we've been very upfront and forthright with what we are trying to accomplish and what our core pillars of philosophical design are. – Steven Sharif
- Castle and node sieges may contain instanced locations where specific groups can participate in certain objective-based waypoints.
- تانازنزلا and raids will maintain an open world feel while also capitalizing on the benefits of instanced mechanics. Instancing is only going to happen in certain dungeons where the desire is to have greater narrative appeal. Outside of these and arenas there will not be too much instancing anywhere else.
- There will be some open dungeons that have bosses at the end of the dungeons. There will be some open dungeons that just have a multitude of dungeon bosses, not necessarily world raids or something; and there will be lots of different rooms and they'll be progressive in the sense that in the earlier parts of the dungeon they'll be lower level and then at the later parts of the dungeons deeper down they'll be higher level and more difficult; and that creates again I think an ecosystem of where players across a multitude of levels have an opportunity to coexist within certain areas of the world; and that's good from a social dynamic. It's good from a recruitment dynamic. It's good from just a liveliness and relevance of particular areas. So that you don't end up with these locations that once you pass a certain level like it's empty. – Steven Sharif
- We're probably going to do instancing only in certain dungeons and in arenas. You probably won't see instancing too much anywhere else. What you see is gonna be what you get. – Jeffrey Bard
- Healthy competition is seen as an instigator for player friction; for potential cooperation; for the ability to yield alliances; and the political theater that comes with it. This is an intended part of the PvX design of Ashes of Creation.
- This friction presents an opportunity to engage in the political aspects of the game, which is the lifeblood of what keeps players interested and invested in the game.
- Q: When you reach the bosses in [open world] dungeons can you be jumped?
- A: For the most part if there are bosses at the end of dungeons, it is possible for you to get jumped. – Steven Sharif
- Q: In an open world dungeon, what prevents others from just waiting until you're at the boss and then killing you and taking your boss's loot? What prevents mega guilds from just owning an area and preventing you from accessing or enjoying it?
- A: In a majority of cases, we do not want to prevent another group from engaging potentially in PvP. We disincentivize it by creating safeguards within the flagging system that make that decision very concerning for the people that might go corrupt; and if you're in the large enough group of numbers I doubt you're going to experience that unless there's some rivalry between guilds. In which case there's apparatuses like Guild Wars that are more opt-in. You can drop guild tag if you want. But anyways, the competitive nature of this environment is a PvX element. – Steven Sharif
The majority of Ashes of Creation players will experience pvP through opt-in objective-based battlegrounds (also called sanctioned PvP events). These are high risk and high reward encounters that do not utilize the corruption system.
- The majority of PvP that players will encounter- the vast majority- will be through consensual systems, meaning opt-in systems like sieges, like caravans, like wars, or going out into the open sea. These are conscious decisions that players will make knowing the risk profile- assessing that- and they will opt-in to those things.. – Steven Sharif
- There are going to be events with sanctioned PvP, where there are multiple team options to join. – Clayton Stamper
- These events will flag participating players as Combatants (purple) and players will remain flagged for a period of time after leaving that battleground. Corrupted (red) players will remain red during PvP events.
- In a sanctioned event- sanctioned meaning that this is something you have the option to opt-out of. That's a castle siege, that's a node siege, that's a caravan, that's a guild war, that's a node war. You can drop your citizenship. You can drop your guild tag. You can drop participating in one of those things. In any of those types of opt-in and opt-out events, the death penalties do not exist. These are sanctioned. They're intended to allow people to engage in PvP. Now if I die to an NPC while I'm out hunting, or if I die to another player through the flagging system, those are where death penalties come into play; and that's where debt experience can be earned; and that's where corruption can be had. So it's important to separate those two realms. – Steven Sharif
- Death penalties (mostly) do not apply to objective-based/sanctioned PvP events.
- During PvP events such as caravans, guild wars, and sieges, the death penalties are disabled between participating characters on opposing sides. Attacking and killing players on the opposing side doesn't trigger the purple and red flags, nor does dying drop any resources or loot. However, you can't hide in this state as a Red corrupted player either. If you are Red, you'll still be Red in the siege or caravan and open to anyone to kill you and drop your loot, regardless of the side you are on. Being Red trumps everything.
- There will be limited functionality for spectating battlefields and potentially castle sieges from ghost cameras at fixed positions.
- We will have limited functionality where players can spectate from either ghost camera from fixed positions at certain battlefields; some of which might include castles. – Steven Sharif
- The caravan system and other systems in Ashes of Creation that rely on intrigue do not lend themselves toward livestreaming the game.
- We will have certain systems that won't lend well to streaming, because certain systems have a requirement of secrecy and/or at least some level of strategic ambiguity. So players need to be conscientious of that fact when they're intending to both stream and play Ashes of Creation. Those are things that we cannot solve because intrigue is an intrinsic part of the game. – Steven Sharif
- Our castle system, our sieges against nodes, the caravan system, battlegrounds that exist, guild wars: We want there to be a meaning to this conflict. We want players to actually have some skin in the game when it comes to participating in PvP. – Steven Sharif
- Hunting grounds refer to killing monsters or NPCs in the open-world.
- This also refers to contesting resources.
One of the interesting components of Ashes of Creation and our flagging system is that it presents the potential for two conflicting parties to have open conflict in the open world over pretty much anything that they may want or disagree with; and if that pertains to a hunting ground, not just the caravan or the castles or the nodes or whatever, it can exist in that area. – Steven Sharif
Outside of PvP for certain things like caravans, sieges of nodes and/or castles is that you're going to have those open-world hunting ground fights that may occur. You're going to have resources fights that may occur. You're going to have political fights that may occur between members of guilds; and we're taking the guild politics to a whole new direction in regards to playing those conflicts out. – Steven Sharif
Our PvP mechanics follow a flagging system, as well as static PvP zones at certain points of interest; fight for control over cities, castles, caravans, or hunting grounds. Our PvP is designed to offer the players a well-balanced and fair world to shape through the pen, or sword should they choose.
We just wanted to represent just about every biome type under the sun really and just have enough diversity over the world that like when you went from area to area , you really just got a contrast of different biome types. – Michael Bacon
List of biomes
- Corrupted areas
- Flood plains
- Snowy mountains
- Tabletop mountains
- يلفسلا ملاعلا
- Volcano area
نقطة إهتمام جديدة (مثل الدهاليز و زعماء العالم) تظهر بعقد(بشكل) متطور. هذا المحتوي يتكيف مع تطور المناطق الموجودة به.
- سوف تتغير الكثافة.
- صعوبة المحتوي سوف تتغير.
- قد يتغير المحتوي بلكامل , إعتمادا علي ما يتطور وكيف يتطور .
- أنواع جديدة من الوحوش وإختلاف القصة (المهمات).
- فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة في حالة أن العقد تطور لمراحل معينة .
- القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد.
- الجوائز في المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها.
الدهاليز المحيطة و النقط الاخري حول الخريطة سوف تتأثر بتطور العقد. فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة إذا طورنا العقد إلي مستوي معين. القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد الجوائزفي المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها . علي سبيل المثال لنفترض أن البشر طورو عقد في المنقطة ج, و أصبحت مجموعة من المهمات متاحة مما يقود اللاعبين إلي أكتشاف دهاليز المناطق المجاورة .ولنفترض أن هذا العقد تم تطويره في منقطة صناعية… قبل تطور العقد , كان هذا الدهليز متاح… ولكن الأن نفس الدهليز أصبح يمتلك وحوش جديدة و تغيرت جوائزه لتصبح جوائز تستعمل للصناعة بسبب تطور العقد . وربما , قد يظهر زعيم جديد في غرف مختلفة من الدهليز التي سوف تحتوي علي مغامرة مختلفة و مهمات مختلفة , مثل شئ غامض مع مهمة للحصول عليه والمهمة يمكن فقط قبولها إذا تطور العقد إلي نقطة معينة في منطقة معينة , حول العالم . نظامنا واسع جدا, بما يتعلق ب الترابط و كيف يتأثر العالم بللاعبين.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where The Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
- These are sources of NPC events that players need to address before they grow out of hand.
- Players need to participate in these events to stop the spread of corruption and hold back the intrusion on the material plane.
- If players fail to address these corrupted areas, the frequency of NPC events against their node will increase. These can lead to node buildings and services being disabled, increasing the node's vulnerability to node sieges.
- It can be a very detrimental thing if corruption is not addressed; and that's the intent of corruption, is to present a challenge to the players that if not addressed it becomes exacerbated and a problem over time. – Steven Sharif
- Corrupted areas do not confer corruption onto a player. Only pvP related activities lead to player corruption (in the flagging system).
- To degree your mortal coil, as we call it, or what some might consider a soul from your character's perspective within this story- can be influenced and can be changed into a shape that's more in tune with corruption; and that's through doing PvP things you can accomplish that. – Steven Sharif
- When it enters the corruption state outside of weather, in that corrupt state, you will probably see a little bit less of the influence of the season because really it's adopting that corruption, which in-and-of-itself is a season. – Steven Sharif
- Corrupted areas will spawn variations of mobs and resources.
- البث المباشر, 2020-04-30 (1:05:34).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (11:04).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (20:59).
- مقابلة, 2023-09-10 (58:47).
- البث المباشر, 2023-03-31 (1:00:16).
- البث المباشر, 2020-03-28 (1:48:36).
- البث المباشر, 2023-05-31 (45:47).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (17:50).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-09-29 (34:11).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-09-29 (35:17).
- البث المباشر, 2023-04-28 (2:06).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (24:17).
- Types of Events on Verra.
- فيديو, 2023-09-29 (2:59).
- البث المباشر, 2023-02-24 (1:29:45).
- البث المباشر, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- البث المباشر, 2022-06-30 (1:14:52).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (41:27).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-05 (14:26).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (45:14).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (45:19).
- البث المباشر, 2022-08-26 (1:00:14).
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (1:06:41).
- البث المباشر, 2021-08-27 (1:22:56).
- البث المباشر, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- Twitch Bustin - PvP Spectating.
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:14:00).
- فيديو, 2017-04-30 (5:31).
- Twitter - What a glorious day for ganking!
- البث المباشر, 2018-07-09 (44:56).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (45:17).
- البث المباشر, 2017-06-01 (35:42).
- البث المباشر, 2021-09-24 (1:08:43).
- البث المباشر, 2017-06-01 (29:33).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (55:39).
- البث المباشر, 2021-01-29 (21:55).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (53:15).
- البث المباشر, 2021-05-28 (1:40:47).
- البث المباشر, 2021-09-24 (29:33).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- فيديو, 2023-11-30 (29:26).
- فيديو, 2023-11-30 (32:36).
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (47:05).
- فيديو, 2023-03-31 (1:22).
- فيديو, 2023-03-31 (3:32).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (50:03).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (22:53).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (1:17:12).
- البث المباشر, 2023-03-31 (54:22).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:32:24).
- البث المباشر, 2023-03-31 (58:27).
- البث المباشر, 2023-03-31 (59:10).
- فيديو, 2023-03-31 (16:42).