- Mayoral caravans are used by Mayors to transfer cargo between nodes with established trade agreements or alliances.
- Caravans are initiated from and arrive at caravansary node buildings within Village ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 3) nodes and above.
- لفاوقلا create an objective-based PvP event in the open-world that players can choose to attack, defend, or opt-out of.
- PvE caravan events can cause roadways to be blocked off or hostile mobs to spawn to attack the caravan.
- Personal caravans.
- Mayoral caravans.
- System driven caravans.
Personal caravans (also referred to as Self-directed/player-driven caravans) are utilized by players to transport cargo across Verra. These are land-based and water-based (naval caravans) that a single player drives and directs.
- Personal caravans are prepared and launched from caravansary buildings at Village ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 3) or higher nodes.
- Caravan components modify caravan stats and grant passive and active abilities to the caravan. Components can be upgraded to increase a caravan's power.
- By default, personal caravans have a racial appearance that influences the types of animals that are moving the caravan.
- Caravan drivers receive a significant defensive buff while they are driving a caravan. This reduces CC effects and increases damage mitigation significantly.
- The caravan owner is able to grant permissions to allow other players to drive their caravans. If these permissions are not activated by the owner then anyone can drive their caravans. If the caravan driver is killed or otherwise removed from the caravan then any player will be able to drive the caravan for a period of 15 to 20 minutes before the caravan despawns and becomes a wreckage.
- Caravans have collision, so other players could jump on the caravan while it is being driven.
- Unlike merchant ships, naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and water.
- Naval caravans come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
- Nodes answering these resource requests must have a trade agreement or alliance with the requesting node.
- Once the requesting mayor accepts a fill order from another node, a system driven caravan is spawned to transit the goods.
- Players can participate in helping to defend the caravan if they wish.
- Mayors who need certain resources that either they don't have enough of, or that they're prospectively investing in: they will initiate a mayor request, and any node that sees that request on the mayoral caravan drop-down menu will have an opportunity to attempt to fulfill the trade request. In order to fulfill a trade request, a node must have a certain level of relationship with that requesting node. At a minimum it has to be a trade agreement relationship; and then there's a limited number of those trade relationships that you can have; and that scales up to eventually alliance perspective. And then, once the node requesting mayor accepts a potential fill order, then a system spawned caravan is generated and the transit is completed. Players can participate in helping to defend that or not. – Steven Sharif
System driven caravans
- These are initiated by players with a diverse choice of routes and launch windows, making them difficult to zerg.
- Initiating a caravan from one node to another will create a PvP objective that players will need to defend while it moves along its chosen route to the selected destination.
- Roads will upgrade as nodes advance. Different roads will dictate the speed and type of caravan required (off road vs on road).
- The caravan system is designed to be initiated by the player. Which means, information of the caravans launch time and route, should be a closely guarded secret. Routes will also be diverse, and the world is large, so it might behoove you to scout the route ahead before a launch. Fast travel in our game is also limited, which means unless the guild had knowledge of your plans before hand, it is likely that they will be unable to organize and travel to a location. As far as mass guilds securing trade routes, there is always a bigger fish in the pond. Also caravans will have limitations on carrying capacity and launch windows that will segment mulitiple caravans by several minutes, which would space out the caravans, making it difficult to "zerg" a defense. – Steven Sharif
A caravansary (also known as caravanserai) is a default service building that comes pre-built with every node (of Village ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 3) or higher). This is where caravans are constructed, prepared for launch, and are unloaded.
- Caravan master NPCs at caravansaries enable players to construct, load, and launch personal caravans.
- Caravan drivers will see a visible perimeter around nodes that represent a disembarkation radius, which is similar to the deployment line. When a caravan crosses this line it will no longer be able to be attacked. Guard NPCs spawning to escort the caravan to the node's caravansary was not shown on the latest caravan preview.
- As you approach cities, caravansaries will confer a radius around the node; and that radius will be something visual to you in the world as you're approaching another node; and you will see a line- a disembark line where when you cross that line you've reached the safety zone; and that line cross is outside of the node in a similar distance, but also based on caravansary upgrades, that the placement of the caravan at launch is; and so you only have to make it to that line, and once you do the events surrounding the caravan and the ability to attack that caravan stops and it gets auto-moved into the caravansary. Guards will start to materialize around it. They'll grab the reins of the horse and begin to move the caravan slowly to the caravansary and now you've reached a pit stop; and at that pit stop this can either be your final destination or you can relaunch it again. You don't have to stop at nodes along the way to your destination. If you want to keep going you can keep going: You want to cross rivers, you can cross rivers. You want to go out into the ocean with a little raft caravan, you can do that too; and you can go to a destination and you can stop there and unload there. But if you're running into trouble, if you're under assault, if you're a near attack and there's a node nearby with a caravansary that you can stop at, you can start directing the caravan towards that node and all you got to do is make it to that finish line outside of the node; and when you do the caravan auto will move towards caravansary. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan insurance will not be provided as an in-game system. Previously it was stated that insurance was able to be purchased from a caravansary prior to the launch of a caravan.
- Caravan components modify caravan stats and grant passive and active abilities to the caravan. Higher tier components will increase a caravan's power and capabilities.
- If you're a solo player and you don't intend on transiting a lot of materials at once, you may not need the large cargo capacity, but instead you want the faster speed because you intend to outrun any potential adversaries that you might face on the roads. That is a viable strategic option for you when constructing your caravan. In addition, you saw that there are a number of different abilities that caravans can be equipped with based on the loadout of the components that you have for your caravan that is also going to influence how you interact with PvP and potential adversaries. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan components obtained from crafters may have stats according to the skill of the artisan.
- If components are missing, default versions with lowest stat values will be applied to the caravan.
- In order to construct caravan at the caravansary, you go to caravansary and you say hey I've got all these components and I want to construct a caravan; and the caravansary will accept the components that you have: It will use those components. If you don't have components for certain parts of the caravan it will give you default versions, which will be lowest stat value that that caravan can then have. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan components can be upgraded while the caravan is parked in a caravansary stall at a node.
- Caravan components can be individually destroyed by directional attacks against the caravan. All components are destroyed if the caravan is destroyed.
- Caravan components can affect the proximity radius for the notification of nearby players of caravan PvP events.
- The only constraint is available size in the spatial inventory system for the crates.
- There are... three primary methods by which caravans transit the world. The first is when players are moving commodities. The second is when players are moving materials and resources, and that's to your question. That's relevant because materials and resources across the world are unique to the geographic region in which they are produced or which they spawn, and crafting stations are located at certain nodes, and nodes specialize the types of crafting stations that they can have; so the transit of those materials across the world is a necessary component of keeping the economy alive; and where there is a demand there will be a supply. So that's with regards to the second reason for transiting caravans. The third is when mayors and system generated caravans transit the world. This is for nodes to acquire certain types of node commodities or node resources that they need to initiate public Work projects and to initiate construction projects. – Steven Sharif
- Cargo for shipment by caravan is stored at the caravansary not in a player's inventory. Stored cargo is visible via the warehouse UI.
- Upgrading a caravan's components can increase its cargo capacity. The maximum cargo capacity of caravans will be determined during Alpha-2 testing.
- There are visual hints relating to the cargo being transported on caravans, but players will not be able to see the exact contents of the caravan. Cargo is represented in this way even if a cosmetic caravan skin has been applied to the caravan.
- Personal caravan initiation.
- System driven caravan initiation (such as Mayoral caravans and Quest driven caravans).
- Naval caravan initiation.
PvE Caravan events
- Obstacles may present barriers on roads that players must remove or bypass to allow transit of goods.
- When you're traveling with a caravan, there are events that can trigger as a result of you being there with a caravan, that can either block your way or spawn things to attack your caravan and require you to make decisions about how you want to proceed; whether you turn around and go somewhere else or you find a path off-road: all with different kinds of dangers associated with them. – Chris Justo
- Players that choose to attack or defend the caravan will be flagged as combatants.
- The UI notification will include the caravan owner's name and guild.
- The proximity that the UI window appears is determined by the player's performance as either a defender or an attacker in previous raids.
- Once registered as a defender, a player can't switch to attack the caravan.
- The proximity radius for notification of nearby caravan events can be increased or decreased based on the caravan's components or a player's progression in the highwayman system.
- At a certain proximity to the caravan, any player will receive the event notification to participate either as an attacker or as a defender. That proximity radius can be augmented either through players advancement within the Highwaymen system, which is for defenders or attackers you can increase the radius, but also the components can increase and or decrease the radius of that event notification as well. – Steven Sharif
- There will be visual hints relating to the cargo being transported on caravans, but players will not be able to see the exact contents of the caravan. Cargo is represented in this way even if a cosmetic caravan skin has been applied to the caravan.
- Players can be registered participants in a caravan event involving multiple caravans. It is not possible for a player to participate in more than one caravan event at a time.
- As a player you can participate in events that have as many caravans collocated as you want. So if you have 20 Caravans that you're trying to move all in a single caravan raid with all of your players you can join all 20 of those caravans into the same caravan defense group; and that is that is the intent of the system. The same is true for the attackers. The attackers can join against all of those caravans. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan components can be individually destroyed by directional attacks against the caravan. All components are destroyed if the caravan is destroyed.
- As it stands currently it would be difficult for players to be able to block the caravan. Now that's not to say that certain types of effects cannot be applied to the caravan through ability use, such as slowing effects, or pause effects, stun effects, against the caravan itself, not the rider. But right now we do have a collision priority system which means that vehicles move players and mounts. Mounts and players cannot stop vehicles from moving the vehicle. Its collision has priority; and then ships have the ultimate priority. Nothing can move ships or block ships. – Steven Sharif
- If a caravan's driver is killed or otherwise removed from the caravan then any player will be able to drive the caravan for a period of 15 to 20 minutes before the caravan despawns and becomes a wreckage. A caravan will persist in the world for a period of 5 to 10 minutes from the time its owner logs out or is disconnected from the server.
- This records successful or failed defenses and attacks and provides rewards that scale up over time based on the player's history.
- Progression in the highwayman system can affect the proximity radius for notification of nearby caravan events.
- The caravan defender role is going to have its own progression questing and rewards associated with it that are going to attract a certain subset of players and then vice-versa wise we're going to have incentives that appeal to the more highway brigand type players; and you might not always be on one side or the other: that might change depending on what your interests are in the at the time. But obviously those types of systems need to have robust consequential type rewards and benefits associated with them in order to compel the player; and that's something obviously we're going to test in alphas and betas and see how performant it is in actually attracting players to participate and make sure it's not just one-sided so-to-speak. – Steven Sharif
If a caravan is destroyed it becomes a wreckage that contains a portion of the cargo it was transporting. The remainder of the caravan's goods are sunk (lost) when the caravan is destroyed.
- When a caravan gets destroyed it creates a wreckage. That wreckage will have a number of the supplies that the caravan was carrying; and when stolen by attackers those supplies become essentially stolen glint, or corrupted glint, and stolen resources that the caravan was hauling. If they are commodities they can maintain their commodity type, and players will have to summon a caravan from a nearby node that would be empty in order to haul those crates back. You can also break into the crates or the cargo itself instead of hauling the cargo as a completed shipment. Doing so reduces the number of total resources that you can gather from the crate. So a portion of it is sunk to the system; and then a portion of it gets sunk further if you choose to break open the crates versus attempting to haul them back. – Steven Sharif
- Anyone may loot a caravan's wreckage.
- Unsealing crates (by breaking open sealed crates) yields less value than transporting the sealed crates for unloading. This is in addition to the value already lost when the caravan was destroyed.
- Caravan components are destroyed if the caravan is destroyed. Previously it was stated that components may drop when a caravan is destroyed.
- Q: What is the reason for requiring the destruction of a caravan by the attackers as opposed to the attackers gaining possession of the caravan?
- A: With caravans we really want to emphasize this idea of not necessarily stealing the vehicle, but being forced to achieve victory through destruction; and when you do, you then have the logistical issue of how you're going to transport those goods on your own rather than servicing the transport of that by just hijacking. – Steven Sharif
- Caravans drop certificates for heavy goods that are redeemable at the origin node for a portion of the goods.
- Roads for the transit goods via the caravan system.
- You might have a mountain pass and during winter that mountain pass is always closed and so the trade routes on land change with caravans and that's something that can not only exist on a cyclical level but also dynamically based on player activity.
- Economic relationships between nodes established by Mayors or node citizens.
- From a diplomatic standpoint the ability for the mayor or citizens to set up NPC routed trade routes between nodes as a trade agreement or as a diplomatic process. – Steven Sharif
- The largest roads are referred to as arteries. These are remnants of what was once the ancient highway system of Verra.
- As nodes advance smaller roads, referred to as veins, connect the arteries to the nodes.
- Depending on the stages of node advancement, capillary roads will stem off the node to connect to points of interest.
- Roads or pathways are not worn into the landscape by repeated traffic over the same area.
- The quality, safety, and maximum transportation speed of roads is influenced by node building upgrades, policies, relics, and the level of nearby nodes.
- Q: Could you upgrade roads in the node to upgrade the roads and speeds of caravans?
- A: Absolutely. So that buff that you saw is a buff that can be changed in the world based on the world state. Some of those world state interactions include certain types of relics that the nodes which govern your area might have access to and might be actively employing. Some of it might have to do with policies: You might be able to extend the guard influences across the road radius further out for certain nodes if you have certain policies. You might be able to enhance and empower those guards through itemization choices that are granted by building upgrades that the node selects to build. – Steven Sharif
- Pathways that are open during summer may be closed during winter.
- Seasonal affects may cause obstacles or blockages to the transit of goods via caravan.
- Caravan events can cause roadways to be blocked off or hostile mobs to spawn to attack the caravan.
- Water turning to ice in winter, enabling players to walk over the water but blocking access to what is underneath.
- Ice will make roads bumpy and slippery.
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
- You will travel faster over roads, but that obviously comes with the increased risk of running into other players or monsters that are blocking the road. – Chris Justo
Artisan supply chain
Artisans within Ashes of Creation must choose a path in their artisan skill tree. This inter-dependency establishes a supply chain from raw materials to finished product. Each stage of the chain may require caravans to transport goods from one artisan to another.
- Obtaining raw materials:
- Refining the raw materials with the هجلاعم profession.
- هغايص the finished product using its crafting recipe.
As a crafter you're going to want to know where certain recipes can be fulfilled; which nodes have the capability of creating what you've processed material that you've gathered for; and then you're going to want to plan out your route to either transit the goods there or make sure that you're situated in the area so that you can go out collect and build in that area as well. So there's a lot of planning that's going to be necessary. – Steven Sharif
- The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
2023-11-08 2023-11-03 2023-11-03 2023-11-03 2020-03-28
- البث المباشر, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- فيديو, 2019-07-16 (0:00).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:30:52).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:06:32).
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (2:10:23).
- فيديو, 2019-07-15 (2:12).
- البث المباشر, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- البث المباشر, 2022-07-29 (3:21).
- مقابلة, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (10:13).
- البث المباشر, 2020-05-29 (46:36).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-28 (20:56).
- مقابلة, 2020-03-27 (16:19).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (40:40).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (34:12).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (27:40).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-28 (19:43).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (13:32).
- البث المباشر, 2020-04-30 (58:05).
- فيديو, 2023-09-29 (2:59).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (20:17).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (17:20).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (1:52).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (16:25).
- البث المباشر, 2018-04-8 (AM) (15:46).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:27:50).
- البث المباشر, 2020-07-25 (55:32).
- البث المباشر, 2023-04-28 (1:21:29).
- البث المباشر, 2020-04-30 (56:58).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (28:06).
- البث المباشر, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- City hall.
- البث المباشر, 2018-02-09 (45:48).
- فيديو, 2023-08-31 (16:09).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (42:12).
- Blog: Development Update with Village Node.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (50:25).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (41:27).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (33:50).
- مقابلة, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:21:02).
- X.com - Caravan appearances.
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:11:26).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (21:47).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:08:22).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (12:32).
- البث المباشر, 2023-11-30 (1:44:04).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:08:57).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:13:37).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:15:33).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (29:36).
- البث المباشر, 2021-01-29 (1:25:14).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (3:34).
- مقابلة, 2023-09-10 (53:47).
- البث المباشر, 2022-02-25 (1:10:00).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (38:38).
- فيديو, 2022-05-27 (15:50).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- البث المباشر, 2020-03-28 (1:27:28).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (21:17).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:32:54).
- فيديو, 2023-10-31 (37:16).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:32:04).
- البث المباشر, 2022-10-28 (1:36:10).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:33:48).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- البث المباشر, 2022-06-30 (1:14:52).
- البث المباشر, 2021-08-27 (1:22:56).
- البث المباشر, 2021-02-26 (1:16:21).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:18:33).
- البث المباشر, 2017-12-15 (1:04:25).
- مقابلة, 2019-04-15 (26:59).
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (1:04:23).
- مقابلة, 2019-04-15 (28:28).
- البث المباشر, 2022-09-30 (1:17:13).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-09-29 (8:38).
- فيديو, 2022-05-27 (17:15).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- البث المباشر, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (33:25).
- البث المباشر, 2023-10-31 (1:16:34).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- البث المباشر, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- البث المباشر, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-20 (20:17).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-10 (8:22).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-10 (6:12).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-08 (20:41).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-18 (38:30).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-26 (26:00).
- مقابلة, 2018-05-11 (24:18).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-30 (57:50).