It's the fourth anniversary of Ashes of Creation Wiki! Thanks for all of your wonderful support over the years.
- Open world dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.
- Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.
There are going to be smaller, simpler, linear dungeons. There's going to be bigger, more complex, nonlinear dungeons. So, It's a little bit of both. We want the environment to be a character. In order for the environment to be a character, these places need to be interesting and there needs to be a dynamicism to them. – Jeffrey Bard
Dungeon difficulty will increase the further a player ventures into the dungeon.
- Mobs and mob mechanics will become more difficult.
- Terrain and environmental dangers will increase.
- ١ List of notable dungeons
- ٢ List of dungeon bosses
- ٣ Underwater dungeons
- ٤ Harbingers
- ٥ Bosses
- ٦ Open world
- ٧ Dungeon scale
- ٨ Scaling
- ٩ Dungeon locations
- ١٠ PvE difficulty
- ١١ Dungeon content
- ١٢ Group sizes
- ١٣ Loot tables
- ١٤ Zergs
- ١٥ Leader boards
- ١٦ Jumping mechanics
- ١٧ Announcements/Notifications
- ١٨ ويديفلا هطرشا
- ١٩ Artwork
- ٢٠ See also
- ٢١ عجارملا
List of notable dungeons
List of dungeon bosses
- The Ancients and The Others used the Harbingers to travel to Verra, thus beginning the Apocalypse.
- The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and began conquering Verra.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where the Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
The worst thing that the Harbingers brought was not the Others, but the corruption that they spread. It twists and distorts everything it touches. It whispers in the ears of men, and guides their hands toward terrible ends. There does not seem a means to stop it - our prayers do nothing, our spells are ineffectual. The awful truth is that the Others could simply watch as we burned Verra to ash ourselves.
- There will be some open dungeons that have bosses at the end of the dungeons. There will be some open dungeons that just have a multitude of dungeon bosses, not necessarily world raids or something; and there will be lots of different rooms and they'll be progressive in the sense that in the earlier parts of the dungeon they'll be lower level and then at the later parts of the dungeons deeper down they'll be higher level and more difficult; and that creates again I think an ecosystem of where players across a multitude of levels have an opportunity to coexist within certain areas of the world; and that's good from a social dynamic. It's good from a recruitment dynamic. It's good from just a liveliness and relevance of particular areas. So that you don't end up with these locations that once you pass a certain level like it's empty. – Steven Sharif
- Instancing is only going to happen in certain dungeons where the desire is to have greater narrative appeal. Outside of these and arenas there will not be too much instancing anywhere else.
- There will be an 80/20 split between open world vs instanced encounters.
- There is no instancing in Alpha-1.
- Q: When you reach the bosses in [open world] dungeons can you be jumped?
- A: For the most part if there are bosses at the end of dungeons, it is possible for you to get jumped. – Steven Sharif
- Massive caverns and open world spaces.
- Places to suit larger and smaller commitments.
- Where people with 30 minutes can participate.
- Dungeons are vast and have room for multiple groups.
There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
- Certain node buildings and organizations offer quests that can be initiated by a mentor to assist new players. Rewards are offered to both the mentor and the mentee upon completion.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
The mentorship program provides individual quests that can be initiated by the mentor based off of what node that they are part of. So these are like quests that are determined by either certain buildings and/or organizations or the mayor; and there are specific ones that are available for mentors to provide mentees; and they can also participate in some of those quest lines as well: Whether that be leading your mentee through a dungeon or providing a location for them to arrive with you at, or escort quests for the NPC caravans. These types of things, when done together with your mentor, will provide benefits both for the mentor and the mentee as well, so you're incentivized to participate with new players. – Steven Sharif
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Raid bosses.
- The difficulty level and loot tables of these encounters will change based on this influence.
- Higher performance in earlier phases will increase the difficulty of subsequent phases of the encounter.
- The higher the difficulty, the better the loot tables will be.
- Bosses and mobs will not auto-scale based on group size.
نقطة إهتمام جديدة (مثل الدهاليز و زعماء العالم) تظهر بعقد(بشكل) متطور. هذا المحتوي يتكيف مع تطور المناطق الموجودة به.
- سوف تتغير الكثافة.
- صعوبة المحتوي سوف تتغير.
- قد يتغير المحتوي بلكامل , إعتمادا علي ما يتطور وكيف يتطور .
- أنواع جديدة من الوحوش وإختلاف القصة (المهمات).
- فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة في حالة أن العقد تطور لمراحل معينة .
- القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد.
- الجوائز في المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها.
الدهاليز المحيطة و النقط الاخري حول الخريطة سوف تتأثر بتطور العقد. فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة إذا طورنا العقد إلي مستوي معين. القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد الجوائزفي المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها . علي سبيل المثال لنفترض أن البشر طورو عقد في المنقطة ج, و أصبحت مجموعة من المهمات متاحة مما يقود اللاعبين إلي أكتشاف دهاليز المناطق المجاورة .ولنفترض أن هذا العقد تم تطويره في منقطة صناعية… قبل تطور العقد , كان هذا الدهليز متاح… ولكن الأن نفس الدهليز أصبح يمتلك وحوش جديدة و تغيرت جوائزه لتصبح جوائز تستعمل للصناعة بسبب تطور العقد . وربما , قد يظهر زعيم جديد في غرف مختلفة من الدهليز التي سوف تحتوي علي مغامرة مختلفة و مهمات مختلفة , مثل شئ غامض مع مهمة للحصول عليه والمهمة يمكن فقط قبولها إذا تطور العقد إلي نقطة معينة في منطقة معينة , حول العالم . نظامنا واسع جدا, بما يتعلق ب الترابط و كيف يتأثر العالم بللاعبين.
Raids will also have dynamic elements that can change from session to session.
- The types and numbers of bosses and mobs present in the raid and their skill repertoire.
- Variables are manifested based on node progression.
One of the design elements that we're implementing into our raids is that the raid will not be exactly the same every single time. You're going to have variables that can't necessarily be pre-planned out for. You can pre-plan out for a lot of the raid like how many DPS do you need and healers and support; where the key position and all that kind of stuff; but I think the compelling aspect of Ashes raiding will be the difficulty in achieving this content and having that content change from session to session as well. We want there to be variables that get manifested by you know what type of node got developed elsewhere. Is he going to have acolytes or cultists? What will the acolytes have skills [available] to them? What kit is the boss gonna have? What available skill repertoire will the boss be able to [wield]? ... A lot of those systems are influenced obviously by world development. So the raid kind of takes into account at what stage has the world developed: Are there two metropolises now available in the world? Okay well let's activate this skill in this skill. Now you have five metropolises, well now all these skills have been activated. Are there are they all economic nodes? Are they all military nodes? That we can change things based on that stuff. And it really is a threat assessment from the environment against the players. – Steven Sharif
- Parties have up to eight (8) players in a single group.
- تاراغلا will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- تاحاسلا will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- راصحلا هعلق are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse group sizes
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
- Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
Encounters are designed to have meaning in terms of how boss skills and abilities relate to group compositions, tactics and strategies. Zerging is not experiencing content. There are different ways to make a fight more difficult for larger sized groups without relying solely on stat buffs or making the boss a "damage sponge".
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics and abilities that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There may be environmental hazards and AoE effects that cause more damage based on the number of players present.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Steven Sharif
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Steven Sharif
- Jumping puzzles are present in early Alpha-1 dungeon gameplay footage.
- Jumping were present in the Alpha-0 Dünheim dungeon.
- راصحلا هعلق.
- ةدقعلا راصحلا.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
- Expedition (stage 1) and Encampment (stage 2) nodes will announce within proximity of the node.
- Village (stage 3) nodes will have region-wide announcements.
- Town (stage 4) and higher will likely broadcast world-wide.
Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
- 2016-12-15 Video - Dungeons First Look - Water Temple
- 2018-02-09 Livestream
- 2018-02-24 Video - Alpha-0 Dünheim Dungeon Lore
2021-01-30 2020-05-28 2020-03-28 2018-08-10 2018-02-28 2018-01-19
- البث المباشر, 2018-01-18 (16:34).
- البث المباشر, 2018-02-09 (4:42).
- البث المباشر, 2017-06-01 (39:21).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (20:59).
- البث المباشر, 2018-09-27 (43:21).
- البث المباشر, 2020-03-28 (1:48:36).
- البث المباشر, 2020-04-30 (1:32:06).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (39:08).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Dillias diary.
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (11:48).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Week 1, entry 1.
- البث المباشر, 2020-03-28 (1:58:18).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (12:40).
- البث المباشر, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- مقابلة, 2021-06-13 (11:15).
- البث المباشر, 2020-04-30 (1:05:34).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (11:04).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (35:17).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (34:11).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (24:17).
- البث المباشر, 2020-03-28 (1:53:18).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (23:00).
- البث المباشر, 2018-02-09 (45:30).
- مقابلة, 2021-06-13 (24:14).
- فيديو, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- البث المباشر, 2020-09-30 (1:07:22).
- مقابلة, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (14:51).
- مقابلة, 2021-06-13 (22:20).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (17:12).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Podcast, 2018-07-09 (22:24).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-30 (1:20:25).
- Group dynamics blog.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-09 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-08 (28:48).
- مقابلة, 2018-08-17 (18:53).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- البث المباشر, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- البث المباشر, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (25:18).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-30 (1:16:09).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (57:37).
- مقابلة, 2018-05-11 (44:20).
- مقابلة, 2018-08-08 (11:52).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-18 (58:50).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-15 (44:10).
- فيديو, 2020-05-31 (26:42).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-28 (39:49).
- البث المباشر, 2018-02-09 (10:42).
- البث المباشر, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- مقابلة, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- البث المباشر, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).