- The Tulnar is a combination of four major races and many minor races that were left behind on Verra after the apocalypse.
- This was previously stated to be three different races.
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the يلفسلا ملاعلا (there are no factions).
- Tulnar eat many things!
- The Tulnar religion is a combination of religious beliefs of the major races as well as pagan beliefs of the minor races that evolved over time as they coexisted together in the يلفسلا ملاعلا.
- Tulnar are not a result of corruption.
- The Tulnar have souls and these souls act as conduits for The Essence.
- The Tulnar do not have avian characteristics. The sentient avian races (such as the Sladeborne) did not take refuge in the يلفسلا ملاعلا.
Were the Tulnar a result of corruption in their creation, or was it purely a kind of you know crossbreeding between the multiple minor and major races that existed in the Underrealm during the after the apocalypse? They are not a result of corruption. So there is no corruption that was that was taken into account during their creation. – Steven Sharif
- Tulnar race does not have sub-types, instead, players will be able to customize the appearance of Tulnar characters.
- Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the قلاخلا فرح.
- Tulnar do not equal furries.
- There are bestial components that can be scaled up when creating a Tulnar character.
Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will character creator allow us to make Tulnar that might look somewhat like Kobolds from Pathfinder or DnD?
- A: I wouldn't say exactly, but there's definitely elements of Kobolds that you could incorporate in a character creator with the Tulnar, yes. – Steven Sharif
Tulnar starting area
- مامتهالا طاقن exist that represent Tulnar NPC structures in a similar fashion to the starting areas around divine gateways.
The يلفسلا ملاعلا is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
- The Underrealm is estimated to be 100 km2 in area.
- The underrealm is not contiguous across the entire map. There will be areas that are obstructed by chasms or other features.
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
We've also talked about node states affecting what openings are open and what things are closed. So not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. So that configuration can shift and different routes will open up and be more advantageous than other routes. – Jeffrey Bard
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity (also called the Fall, the Apocalypse, and the Exodus), brought about by the primary antagonists of the world: The Ancients and The Others.
- The apocalypse began with comet-like celestial bodies called Harbingers arriving on Verra. The Ancients flowed out of the conduits that opened at the center of the Harbingers and started conquering the planet.
- Their desire was to pervert the creation of the gods (the Seven) as an affront to their endeavors; and in doing so they created monstrosities by manipulating nature with corruption, which is the negative aspect of The Essence.
- Some unlucky citizens didn't quite make it through the gateways in time and fell back to the planet to fight for survival. This underpinned the lore behind the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale mode.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- مقابلة, 2018-10-31 (5:03).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-30 (16:51).
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-17 (5:49).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-20 (15:18).
- البث المباشر, 2018-04-08 (23:04).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-28 (20:17).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-26 (39:34).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (31:13).
- البث المباشر, 2019-11-22 (24:33).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (40:24).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (1:03:17).
- البث المباشر, 8 April 2018 (AM) (2:17).
- البث المباشر, 2017-06-30 (15:10).
- البث المباشر, 2017-08-23 (31:29).
- مقابلة, 2019-04-15 (20:15).
- البث المباشر, 8 April 2018 (AM) (3:12).
- مقابلة, 2019-04-22 (58:20).
- البث المباشر, 2017-10-16 (53:58).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- مقابلة, 2018-10-31 (6:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 7 June 2017.
- مقابلة, 2018-08-17 (10:43).
- البث المباشر, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- مقابلة, 2018-10-31 (5:43).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (9:51).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (50:10).
- Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- مقابلة, 2020-07-20 (13:33).
- مقابلة, 2018-04-20 (5:46).
- البث المباشر, 2018-09-27 (6:22).
- البث المباشر, 2018-10-31 (36:59).