- Village ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 3) apartment buildings offer 50 rental apartments. Additional apartments can be added at Town ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 4) if the mayor chooses to construct them and if there is an available plot for the expansion. This includes different types of apartments, such as penthouses.
- The number and sizes of available apartments increases as a normal part of node advancement.
- It is estimated that the number of apartments available in a Metropolis ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 6) node will be in the hundreds, if that node specs into all apartment expansion upgrades. This number is subject to change based on testing.
- Prices for apartments will fluctuate depending on the number of units already sold in the node.
- Different price points offer different apartment sizes and types, such as penthouses.
- It was previously stated that apartments would be available at Town ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 4) or above.
- The mayor may additionally construct apartment buildings when the node hits stage 4 at one of the building plots in the node, along with cities gaining additional static housing and apartments by default as a normal part of the leveling process. – Steven Sharif
- Apartment rentals offer node citizenship.
- Apartments can be decorated as required.
- Ability to open the door and enter the home.
- Access to crops.
- Ability to deposit or withdraw items from storage containers.
- Permission to use furniture or crafting stations.
- Marriage enables family size to increase by one so that housing access can be shared.
- Access lists can be used to mimic co-ownership.
- Payment of taxes may be via a "gentleman's agreement".
- It'll be a single owner based system for those types of properties- for properties in general, but it doesn't prevent players obviously from collaborating and pooling resources in order to achieve certain achievements in the game. – Steven Sharif
Player housing/safe zones
- Players cannot pvP while inside the footprint of a "home area" of player housing. This includes freehold homesteads, instanced apartments, and inns.
- Currently the plan is when you're on the footprint of a home, you can't be damaged by other players. Like all things that are a work in progress, this can change... which ties to your other question. Where specifically PvP can or can't happen isn't a core pillar. For example, when we said while on the footprint of your home building on a Freehold that you can't be harmed by other players, this doesn't change a core pillar of the game. Alpha Two will be significant moment for us to test, to get feedback, and iterate on things. – Ry Schueller
- Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Q: Does 'home' also mean apartment or in-node house?
- A: Home is the "home area" of player housing. Instanced apartments and inns are player housing. – Ry Schueller
- If the mayor decides to destroy apartment buildings all items and layouts will be mailed to the owner.
- If a mayor built extra apartment buildings at Town ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 4) or higher and the Node deleveled below that stage.
Node building destruction
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- ةدقعلا راصحلا and node wars.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
- Mayors have the ability to demolish constructed node buildings. This will have a node mandate cost and will require player buy-in via a vote.
- Mayors will also have the ability, if they want, to demolish constructed buildings. So if they if they so choose they can destroy a building if they don't think it's needed anymore. But this will have mandate cost and a player buy-in votes. So we want to make sure that [the] mayor can't just go and blow up the whole node if they're trying to grief or something. So this is very important and impactful decision. – John Collins
If building maintenance is not paid, or a building is damaged as the result of an event or siege, the building will enter a state of disarray. Any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- Players must contribute materials to repair disarrayed buildings and restore them to an operational state.
- Node governments must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable by attackers or defenders.
- Houses will be empty when purchased.
- Players may place furniture, artwork/paintings and other decor items in their player housing.
- Each size, grade, and type of player-owned housing determines the number and type of items that can be placed in it. For example: You can place only the best furniture in mansion grade in-node housing.
- Building skins may change the shape of a homestead but the space available for furnishings should remain consistent.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
- Players will not be able to alter structural aspects such as windows and walls.
- There may be decor items that are representative of unique weapons that are available in the game.
- Furnishing items with in-game functionality will be restricted entirely to those created by the Carpentry profession.
- Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like , I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
|Player housing||Type.||Availability.||Starting count.||Limit.|
|ققشلا||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||50.||One per character per server.|
|ةرحلا||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||Low thousands per server.||One per account.|
|Inns||Instanced.||Starting areas and دقعلا.||Most accessible.||-|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||8.||One per character per server.|
- If you were to think about the level of exclusivity between the different types of housing that we have, obviously the most exclusive when it comes to a quantity is going to be Freeholds, followed by In-node housing, followed by Apartments, then followed by Inns. – Steven Sharif
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (1:50:50).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Blog: Development Update with Village Node.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (15:51).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (41:22).
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (22:32).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (58:32).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (26:40).
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:19:01).
- البث المباشر, 2021-07-30 (1:14:33).
- البث المباشر, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:24:16).
- البث المباشر, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- البث المباشر, 2018-02-09 (51:57).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:49:00).
- البث المباشر, 2021-11-19 (54:26).
- البث المباشر, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- البث المباشر, 2017-10-16 (59:39).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- البث المباشر, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (59:21).
- البث المباشر, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- البث المباشر, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- البث المباشر, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (57:23).
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (1:32:45).
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (1:36:24).
- البث المباشر, 2022-10-14 (52:31).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- البث المباشر, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- البث المباشر, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- فيديو, 2023-06-30 (10:24).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (26:22).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- البث المباشر, 2023-01-27 (1:35:45).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- فيديو, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-24 (29:54).
- البث المباشر, 2020-05-29 (38:04).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (1:13:55).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (56:31).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:31:04).
- البث المباشر, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-10 (30:53).
- مقابلة, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Blog: Exploring the Boundless Opportunities of Freeholds.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (18:13).