Experience (XP) is gained through a variety of vertical and horizontal progression paths, such as pvP, PvE, فاشكتسا, عمج/هجلاعم/هغايص, and Events/هلئسا.
- Experience gained from killing mobs and bosses when in a group is divided by the number of party members based on damage done by the group (compared to any other parties attacking that mob or boss).
- A multiplier is then applied that increases with the number of party members. The multiplier is between 1.3 and 1.4 (approximately).
- Experience gained also takes into account the difference between the party's highest and lowest level characters.
- Experience gained from quest rewards is not shared with other party members.
- Experience gained is not affected by looting rights.
- Experience will be awarded for participating in objective-based PvP on a diminishing returns basis.
Taverns offer rested experience (rested XP) for those who rent rooms or spend time as patrons of the tavern.
- Rested experience allows players to gain experience at a faster rate for a period of time.
Repetition will not be part of progression in Ashes of Creation.
- There will be no "grindy" quests.
- There will not be repetitive quest lines through a single dungeon to obtain gear.
- The aspiration is to have more things to do in the game than a player has time to do.
هيوستلا won't follow a traditional linear path, although classic mechanics for leveling exist.
- Experience (XP) is gained through a variety of vertical and horizontal progression paths, such as pvP, PvE, فاشكتسا, عمج/هجلاعم/هغايص, Events/هلئسا, Grinding mobs.
- XP will be awarded for participating in objective-based PvP on a diminishing returns basis.
- A character's level is visible to other players.
- Some levels may offer more rewards than others.
- I think you can emphasize some levels more than others and that's a great way to do progression. But I think ultimately that you should see a reward for your progress or effort spent. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be level boosts or auto-leveling (AFK leveling).
- As part of our ideals as a game we're not going to give boosts away. We're not going to auto-level up a character. You have to spend time acclimating yourself to what this game is, to what the world that you're part of is; and that's an investment- a time investment; and that plays towards our ideas of risk-versus-reward; and I've always said our game's not going to be for everybody and that's okay. – Steven Sharif
- If I have a skill that does a thousand damage to a target of equal level I don't want my skill to do zero damage to a target that's five levels above me. – Steven Sharif
- A player could in theory level to max level at a single node, providing that node was at a high-enough stage, but it would not be the most effective means of leveling.
The level cap at launch is expected to be approximately level 50.
- On release the developers anticipate max level should be attainable in approximately 45 days if playing 4-6 hours per day.
- Alpha-1 had progression to level 15.
- Alpha-2 expects progression to level 35 (subject to change).
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat (such as ةدقعلا راصحلا) that is not directly dependent on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
The idea is not to be a game where somebody can essentially no life for a week and be max level. The idea is to incorporate some significant chunk of time but still respect the casual player, because you know the way we respect the casual player is not everything is driven in our game through the adventuring progression line. Not everything is driven through your class level per-se. There's a lot of different progression paths that are available and make you relevant within certain systems and mechanics within the game; and some of those paths are more casual friendly and some of those paths are more hardcore friendly. So with regards to the adventuring class, the idea is to make sure that investment needs to be pretty significant and that the reward then is respective of that investment. – Steven Sharif
There is not going to be a typical end-game in Ashes of Creation.
Part of the whole experience with nodes is that there is no real end-game, in that the world is constantly shifting every day. Month one is going to be really different from month two; and that's for the level 50s and level 1s. – Jeffrey Bard
We want the game to be a living game, which means that all content should be relevant at all times. I’d say that we try to make as little distinction between the leveling up experience and the end game experience as possible. The whole journey is important to us, in order to maximize the fun people have during different stages of the game. – Sarah Flanagan
Zones and progression
تانازنزلا, تاراغلا, ملاعلا ءاسؤر, Mobs, هلئسا, Events, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
- Portions of the spawn tables (for mobs and resources) are static and other portions are dynamic and adapt to node development.
- We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 مقابلة, 2018-10-20 (1:55).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 البث المباشر, 2017-05-24 (46:27).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 البث المباشر, 2020-07-31 (1:22:23).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 فيديو, 2023-01-27 (30:00).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 البث المباشر, 2020-07-25 (44:46).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 البث المباشر, 2022-05-27 (1:11:10).
- ↑ The mighty beard!
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 البث المباشر, 2017-05-15 (26:13).
- ↑ مقابلة, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 البث المباشر, 2020-07-31 (1:05:58).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 البث المباشر, 2022-10-14 (23:15).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 البث المباشر, 2022-07-29 (1:24:58).
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 مقابلة, 2021-06-13 (48:27).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2018-09-27 (52:41).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 البث المباشر, 2020-07-25 (1:34:55).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (1:06:34).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2017-12-15 (58:48).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (1:07:59).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2017-05-24 (19:25).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (15:35).
- ↑ مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (1:12:51).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 فيديو, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- ↑ February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- ↑ مقابلة, 2020-07-19 (19:35).
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- ↑ Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- ↑ البث المباشر, 2022-08-26 (1:28:50).
- ↑ Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.