|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Divine form||If your focus is at 80%, use this skill to increase heals and damage of your skills by 25% for 8 seconds. Applies an AoE heal over time to friends and damage over time to enemies. Pulse AoE heal and damage around the caster.||Reduces hate for the caster on enemies hit by the pulse. Enemies targeting the caster lose target.||Increases effectiveness of all heals while cast in this form.|
|Hail of arrows||If your focus is at 80%, use this skill to summon a template and launch multiple arrows within the template.||Adds movement slow.||Adds damage over time to targets in the area.|
|Quake||If your focus is at 80%, cast this spell to split the earth itself before you, launching a line of AoE damage.||Knock down those hit by your arcane might.||Reduces focus cost and cooldown for the skill.|
|Righteous fury||Use your ultimate when your focus has reached 80%, to launch spears at all targets within your forward arc. Dealing damage and pulling them to you. Pulls targets in a cone to the caster and does damage.||Adds target lock and hate. All targets pulled now target lock the Tank and their hate is increased.||Increases the arc radius to 360°.|
|Ultimate defense skill||Ultimate ability: Uses focus to increase your physical and magical defenses as well as immobilizing you.||Receive increased healing from outside sources while active.||Breaks crowd control on cast and grants invulnerability to crowd control.|
Weapon use ability
- Each weapon use ability has a unique keystroke time-frame that initiates upon weapon use.
- The precision system (hitting within the red area) activates the skill.
- The skill can then combo into other weapon use abilities.
- Hitting within the red area focuses energy into a player's ultimate skill.
What we're implementing now are many different features to represent the system. Something that doesn't draw your attention away from the world or the center of your screen necessarily. Something that can work on a more of a visual cue and/or auditory cue. It's important to note what the objective of the combo system was. The objective was a vehicle to take weapon progression to implement skills that can be demonstrated to fuel a secondary energy type that's focused that players can spec into focus oriented skills and to provide a non mindless skill-based interaction with combat from a weapons standpoint. So with that being the focus you know we're going to implement ways to make that better received I think by players; and if it's not, if it is something that we are unable to achieve we're not going to ram it down our players throats. We're going to take it back to the drawing board. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Bow's combo||Target an enemy and use your bow to strike with two arrows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||Prepares four arrows.||Prepared shot works on all arrow attacks.|
|Longsword combo||Target an enemy and use your sword and shield to strike with multiple blows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||-||-|
|Spellbook combo||Target an enemy and use magic missiles from your spellbook to strike with multiple blows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||-||-|
|Staff combo||Target an enemy and use your staff to strike with multiple blows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||-||-|
It's got a little bit of a cadence to it: you can tap, you can generate focus; and so from here we'll look at ways in the future to take that and make it more interesting and more fun and more engaging. – Akil Hooper
- Currently the weapon use ability/combo determines special effects that proc. This system might change to adapt to weapon progression.
- Ancillary effects proc based on enchantment types.
- Gear enhancements (power stones) can be applied to add elemental or energy types of damage.
- A skill tree is used to grant effects: making them better or branching off into different directions.
- Passive skills will enable players to work toward mastery of a weapon.
- Weapon proficiency (based on length of use of a weapon) is not a planned feature.
- Q: Are weapons balanced towards a proficiency system (i.e. the longer I use a sword, the better my damage will be), or will it be a normal RPG stat system with no long-term scaling?
- A: We will not be using a proficiency system as described, but players will have passives available in their skill tree that will increase effectiveness of certain weapons. Becoming a master of swords will be something that is possible, just not in that particular manner. – Sarah Flanagan
Ashes of Creation is all about providing many progression paths... The reason why we don't like the term endgame is because with the amount of progression that's available with the amount of diversity and player agency that that impacts the world... We kind of want the the weapon system and add an element of that as well... You can determine special effects that proc from currently the combo system right; you can determine ancillary effects that proc based on enchantment types; you can power stone weapons to add different either elemental types of damage and/or energy that kind of play rock paper scissor with player defenses ... and then you can skill tree out how those effects that are granted ... you can make them better you can branch them off into a different direction. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (29:13).
- PAX West 2017 Cleric poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (34:26).
- PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:37).
- PAX West 2017 Mage poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (40:14).
- PAX West 2017 Tank poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (24:37).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (25:08).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (26:47).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (16:32).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (54:40).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:21).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (22:46).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (58:28).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (45:37).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (1:11:19).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.