Events are things that happen in Ashes of Creation as the result of development in the world. They can take the form of quests, pop-up triggered events or other narratives that happen throughout the world. Events are scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs.
- Events are where you’ll find your public quests, though these will be scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs. They’ll also have consequences locally, regionally, and globally, for good (if they’re taken care of successfully) or for ill (if a fail condition is reached).
- Some events incorporate random story-driven interruptions to the normal flow of the world, such as blocking off specific roadways, having a random raid boss or mobs appear unexpectedly in a zone. Some may lead to wider consequences, such as climate change, plagues, volcanic eruptions, forest fires, or other natural disasters.
- Events... can be local, regional or global, and consist of boons or banes. They’re triggered based on a lot of different variables, and some may be one-off Events that occur once, and never again. If an Event is handled successfully, then something good happens to the local, regional, or global area. If it fails, then something bad befalls the local, regional or global area. They’ll relate to the overall Narrative, but don’t fall into its overall structure (for the most part). These are the things that will be written into history, and we imagine that as time grows, each server’s history will diverge more and more.
- Events that are taken care of successfully have positive consequences.
- Events that reach a fail condition have negative consequences,, such as:
- Natural disasters.
- Node attacks from NPC mobs, such as dragons, or hordes of zombies.
- Local events that have not been addressed successfully may start to expand regionally or even globally.
- Some of the events that spawn have consequences that lead to node attacks; and enemies have a particular type of hate list on certain buildings that a node may have access to when they attack during an event; and that hate list might relate to- or that building choice might relate to something that is indicative of the storyline for that particular event; or it could be something that is more pivotal to the defense of the city. If the city doesn't respond to these types of things that might weaken them for potential player attacks afterwards. – Steven Sharif
- Monster coin events are system spawned events that enable players to play as monsters within the event system.
- There are events that lead to the spreading of corruption that players will have to fight back against. When these events occur players will need to participate to keep the intrusion on the material plane back.
- There are certain effects that can happen in a world that does not have a proper response from the player population and that's the whole idea behind these events that can happen; that you know feel like these are natural world progression events if corruption starts to show itself as a response- as a push back to the player's development of nodes in the world itself. – Steven Sharif
- If events don't occur within a certain time period, they could occur randomly.
- There may be one-off events.
- ١ Event types
- ٢ Event levels
- ٣ Seasonal events
- ٤ Cinematic events
- ٥ Adaptive content
- ٦ Monster coin events
- ٧ GM run events
- ٨ Server prime-time
- ٩ Event states
- ١٠ Server history
- ١١ Announcements/Notifications
- ١٢ Artwork
- ١٣ See also
- ١٤ عجارملا
- Calendar events.
- Node attacks.
- Monster coin events.
- Pop-up triggered events.
- POI events.
- Narrative events.
- PvP events.
- For example, if the event takes place in a zone that has a base population of let's say average level 25, then one of the trigger conditions might be that 10 monsters of level 25 have been killed recently in that zone and the level 25 event will now spawn additional content designed for level 25 players. So these events aren't always going to be end-game they're going to be obviously appropriate based on the content in which the predicate system is informing, but they also could be something completely top level that is introduced at a lower-level area and brings population traffic of the players back to those types of things. – Steven Sharif
- Events are not a direct parallel with real world events. Instead, there will be in-game lore behind seasonal events that can relate to the real-world in some way.
- Certain calendar events will incorporate the cultural identity of the various character races.
- Part of the things that they're working on is creating a lot of cultural identity for these character races and how we can bring about these calendar events from the perspective of each individual race. That's something that I think is going to be really helping identify or giving identity to each of the character races. – Steven Sharif
- Seasonal events in-game may not exactly align with real-world seasons due to the different in-game seasonal cycle.
- Will seasonal events in the real-world align with the seasonal rotation in the game world? And I think in that sense probably not. That's going to require a little bit of suspension of disbelief in understanding that. But it's also fair that in-game events do not need to be perfectly cyclical like let's say seasonal events are in the real world. They could have a non-uniform cycle associated with them... There is something to be said for having that represented in the game as long as it's immersive; as long as it's contextualized within the story and the world and the universe that we've created; and isn't a direct homage to Santa Claus in the real-world, just to use a prime example of something. – Steven Sharif
- Holiday events are not going be "campy" or immersion-breaking.
- We have a lot of ideas on how certain real-world holidays can be contextualized within the game world and seem fitting. – Steven Sharif
- A raid boss, such as a winter dragon, may appear because a node has developed to Town ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 4). This may bring an eternal winter that affects crop rotations until it is killed.
نقطة إهتمام جديدة (مثل الدهاليز و زعماء العالم) تظهر بعقد(بشكل) متطور. هذا المحتوي يتكيف مع تطور المناطق الموجودة به.
- سوف تتغير الكثافة.
- صعوبة المحتوي سوف تتغير.
- قد يتغير المحتوي بلكامل , إعتمادا علي ما يتطور وكيف يتطور .
- أنواع جديدة من الوحوش وإختلاف القصة (المهمات).
- فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة في حالة أن العقد تطور لمراحل معينة .
- القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد.
- الجوائز في المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها.
الدهاليز المحيطة و النقط الاخري حول الخريطة سوف تتأثر بتطور العقد. فقط بعض الدهاليز سوف تصبح متاحة إذا طورنا العقد إلي مستوي معين. القصة(المهات) داخل الدهليز سوف تعتمد علي قوس المهمة التي تتكون من الطرق المختارة عن طريق نظام العقد الجوائزفي المناطق و الدهاليز سوف تكون مقيدة بتقدم المنقطة الموجودة بها . علي سبيل المثال لنفترض أن البشر طورو عقد في المنقطة ج, و أصبحت مجموعة من المهمات متاحة مما يقود اللاعبين إلي أكتشاف دهاليز المناطق المجاورة .ولنفترض أن هذا العقد تم تطويره في منقطة صناعية… قبل تطور العقد , كان هذا الدهليز متاح… ولكن الأن نفس الدهليز أصبح يمتلك وحوش جديدة و تغيرت جوائزه لتصبح جوائز تستعمل للصناعة بسبب تطور العقد . وربما , قد يظهر زعيم جديد في غرف مختلفة من الدهليز التي سوف تحتوي علي مغامرة مختلفة و مهمات مختلفة , مثل شئ غامض مع مهمة للحصول عليه والمهمة يمكن فقط قبولها إذا تطور العقد إلي نقطة معينة في منطقة معينة , حول العالم . نظامنا واسع جدا, بما يتعلق ب الترابط و كيف يتأثر العالم بللاعبين.
- Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where The Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
- These are sources of NPC events that players need to address before they grow out of hand.
- Players need to participate in these events to stop the spread of corruption and hold back the intrusion on the material plane.
- If players fail to address these corrupted areas, the frequency of NPC events against their node will increase. These can lead to node buildings and services being disabled, increasing the node's vulnerability to node sieges.
- Corrupted areas do not confer corruption onto a player.
There are certain things that can happen, such as the spawning of dragons or hordes of zombies that are going to come out and attack those installations, those nodes, those points of interest; and... communities that don't respond to those in an effective way might see the disabling of certain services, the reduction of certain quest lines for particular organizations. The idea is to keep this as part of a believable living response from world, so those can get pretty significant the bad effects that can happen for the community. – Steven Sharif
Player driven narrative
The world of Verra will be the same on each server, but دقعلا will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
- The overarching narrative of Ashes of Creation is that players are the returning children of Verra but they will not be characterized individually as "saviors".
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
Monster coin events
- During a Monster Coin Event, players will be able to activate Monster Coins, allowing them to become monsters and wreak havoc! These Events can be triggered in a variety of different ways, and in some cases they may even provide cosmetic rewards.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- The player will have a number of potential objectives they can choose to attack during the event. This may include node buildings, points-of-interest, dungeon, NPC, or other open-world objective.
- When you're playing as a as a monster from the monster coin use as part of an NPC event that might be targeting a node, or other some other open-world objective or POI, or dungeon, you get to participate as a monster and your focus is completing objectives that have already been prescribed as part of the event. – Steven Sharif
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Monster coins only allow a character to participate in events on their own server.
- NPC hate lists do not affect monster coin events.
- Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that kind of attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
Monster coin progression
In Ashes of Creation a large portion of world events revolve around the environment reacting to the player. This means that as players are exploring the world and developing civilization around them the environment is responding to this encroachment by spawning dynamic events and creatures to attack those developing cities. These events occur in 3 different types: the Legion level the Elite level and the Epic level. – Steven Sharif
- The tier of the monster coin dictates how powerful the monster is.
GM run events
Objective-based PvP events such as node sieges, castle sieges, guild wars, and node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Guild wars and node wars can be declared at any time, but the objectives will only spawn during the prime-time window.
- Events are driven by what we call a state machine; and there are essentially five types of states that exist for events: There's the in-progress state; there's the active state; inactive; on cooldown; or disabled. And that is essentially a way that we inform what types of elements- what stage of activity things are coming online based on what event state is currently active at the moment. We talked a little bit about triggers. We have world conditions like node levels. We have seasons and climates and calendar; the service building activation relics; and completed raids. All of these things can be part of what informs- I'm not going to go into what everything can be. I don't want to dish out the nitty-gritties of the system per-se, but I'm just giving you an idea of what essentially allows events to become a thing; and then once those things are addressed or not addressed, certain cooldowns get triggered. Other conditions might trigger: It could form as a predicate for an additional event- there could be concurrent events. – Steven Sharif
- Scribes may be able to collect and record information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view.
- We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- تاريخ الصفحة of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
Reports of information to the library may expire after a period of time (say one week). After which new reports will be required to update the existing information.
You'll get that shroud of war functionality for the week after a report but if it doesn't receive a follow-up report after that expiration period then it will not be updating real time. – Steven Sharif
- راصحلا هعلق.
- ةدقعلا راصحلا.
- Legendary world boss spawns.
- Mob attacks and Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
- Local events
- Local events (such as caravan PvP) may prompt players via the UI asking if they wish to participate or not.
- Other local events may offer audible or visual cues without any UI notifications.
- Local events that have not been addressed may start to expand regionally or even globally.
- One important thing to note about events in general is notifications are sent to the players. Players can opt into these events in a similar way that you would into a quest. You're going to be presented with a 'would you like to participate' but they might not always be that way. You might hear trees falling in the forest and that may be an audio cue to tell you something's happening over there. It's out of the ordinary. This is not normally an audio cue that I hear in this area and i'm gonna go investigate that thing. So it might not just be always that kind of UI window represented with a 'participate or not' but I'm going to go investigate and in that sense it could be stage driven. So you might have the more local stage where it is just the visual or audio cues and you get to go participate in that stage; and then when it advances, or if you don't answer the problem in time, then it starts to expand regionally and then it might send out particular notifications to either citizens of the node from which it falls under its purview or even broader than that. It could be global driven events and then it could have things that are are visual cues that are really big like a giant blizzard that's affecting the zone, because the event hasn't been addressed; and that can affect the crop rotations or it can affect passages and roads and how caravans move. There's a lot that the predicate system informs to the event system and then the event system reacts to those types of predicates. – Steven Sharif
- Node-based events
- Certain node-based events will be broadcast to node citizens, others, such as caravans, will not be announced and will instead rely on player word-of-mouth.
- Node advancement notifications will be broadcast depending on the node's stage.
- New citizens of a node may be announced in a dedicated node citizen chat channel.
- Election notices will be mailed to the accounts of citizens.
- Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
2022-06-27 2022-04-30 2022-04-28
- Types of Events on Verra.
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (23:33).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-03 (46:18).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (44:13).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (32:29).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- البث المباشر, 2020-01-30 (1:32:12).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (39:00).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (42:31).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (50:03).
- البث المباشر, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-04-11 (54:35).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (36:51).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-05 (40:36).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (40:21).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (41:30).
- مقابلة, 2018-10-20 (7:31).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (38:05).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (50:49).
- البث المباشر, 2018-09-27 (43:21).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- البث المباشر, 2021-03-26 (22:53).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (1:17:12).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:32:24).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- البث المباشر, 2019-12-17 (1:10:30).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (28:02).
- البث المباشر, 2022-07-29 (1:20:24).
- فيديو, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:36:05).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-03 (31:46).
- البث المباشر, 2018-06-04 (22:27).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (22:37).
- البث المباشر, 2022-04-29 (44:58).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- مقابلة, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-04-11 (27:34).
- البث المباشر, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- مقابلة, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- مقابلة, 2020-03-27 (16:19).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (40:40).
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (1:01:10).
- البث المباشر, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).