Death from afar is the ranger's raison d'etre. A master of the bow and ranged combat, the Ranger is more than happy to let others get their hands dirty. No one else has such a keen eye in natural environments.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Bow's combo||Target an enemy and use your bow to strike with two arrows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||Prepares four arrows.||Prepared shot works on all arrow attacks.|
|Flame line||Shoot an arrow that leaves behind a trail of flames.||Arrow explodes upon reaching the end of its distance.||Enemies take burning damage for entering the flames.|
|Fleeting shot||Retreating shot rolls backward and does damage.||Increases max range.||Breaks crowd control.|
|Hail of arrows||If your focus is at 80%, use this skill to summon a template and launch multiple arrows within the template.||Adds movement slow.||Adds damage over time to targets in the area.|
|Jump||Dash with cooldown.||Cooldown is replaced by charges with individual cooldown.||Drops a bear trap at the location the ranger dashed from.|
|Knockback shot||Knocks a target back X distance.||Adds damage.||Add knockdown.|
|Light armor (passive)||Increases armor given by light armor.||Further increases armor given by light armor.||Each piece of light armor increases damage.|
|Marked arrow||Target an enemy to use this skill, causing that enemy to take additional physical damage.||Enemy takes additional magical damage.||Increases the duration of this debuff.|
|Power shot||Use this skill to charge up a shot that fires forward in a line, damaging all enemies it touches.||Chance to cause bleed damage over time.||Splits into a fan of arrows in a cone. Radius increases based on hold duration.|
|Ranged passive||Reduces minimum range of all abilities.||Increases max range of all abilities.||Increases crit chance. This effect has a cooldown.|
|Slice||Cone melee attack.||Becomes a 360° melee attack.||Adds hemorrhage (bleed) damage.|
|Snare||Foot pin roots target in place.||Adds a bleed.||Snares after root expires.|
|Sniper's eye||Summon a zone around you, while within this zone, deal +200% damage for all attacks.||-||-|
|Sprint||Increases movement speed. Using an ability ends sprint.||Increased resistance to disable abilities.||Clears crowd control when sprint starts and removes silence.|
|Track||Use this skill to show nearby tracks, leading to unknown adventures.||-||-|
|Trap||Place a bear trap under the caster that holds them in place and does damage. Also holds targets in place and does damage.||Traps stun instead of root.||Place up to two traps.|
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- The weapon held in the main hand slot determines the active weapon ability.
Do I want my main hand to be my ranged weapon or do I want my main hand to be my melee weapon with regards to skill usage. For example, with the Ranger, if you have a range skill it'll automatically swap regardless of what your main weapon hand is, but for the combat ability for the "Auto Attack" feature it would be your chosen weapon. – Steven Sharif
List of ranged weapons
- Longbow of Miasma
- Potion launchers
- The Drifter
- Wand of Light
- Archetype breakdown.
- PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:21).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (46:52).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:09).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:37).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:52).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (46:43).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (47:55).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (44:49).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (44:06).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (48:04).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (47:14).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (46:22).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (47:29).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (47:14).