- Players are able to purchase small one room houses (cottages) starting at the Village ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 3).
- The architecture of static housing is predetermined by the racial influence of the node's layout and style.
- Taverns and Player shops are not tied to in-node housing.
Static housing benefits
Player housing grants the ability to claim citizenship of a Village ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 3) node or higher. Gaining citizenship through player housing is not automatic. It must be claimed.
- There is not a hard cap to node citizenship, but there is a soft cap. Citizens pay dues and property taxes based on the stage of the node when the player became a citizen.
- When you become a citizen you enter in at a certain citizenship due structure; and citizens pay taxes to their node in the form of both property taxes based on what type housing as well as citizenship dues, which are necessary. And as you enter later into the stage of a node's development, you will pay a higher value on the citizenship dues or vice-versa: if you own a property later, you will be entered into a property tax that is higher based on where you enter that property ownership within the node's history. So those help to form a soft cap. Now, if payers are willing to pay more to be a citizen of a particular node, they have that option, but at some point it becomes restrictive.
- You can declare citizenship to only one node and when you declare that citizenship. Let's say for example, one guild perhaps wanting to take all their members and have them all declare the same citizenship to a location. The longer a node exists the higher the prize it is to take and some systems with regards to crafting progression and/or rewards and bonuses or the reliquary that we haven't really touched on a lot, those systems are going to be so enticing that from an incentive standpoint it will compel other groups to either potentially break alliances or siege the city in order to take the goods that are potentially in it. So, from an incentive standpoint we have that at play. Additionally, we don't have a cap per-se that we've announced yet on the citizenship aspect of being in a node, but we do have soft caps. It becomes costlier the higher number of citizens each time one new person wants to join to be part of a node. So, there is sort of a soft cap on how many citizens one node can have and it might be that not all in the guild can participate in that area. So, there's a natural divide: A pseudo faction, so to speak between who is a part of that node and who is not. – Steven Sharif
- Your account is bound to one declared citizenship per server, which means that if you have two alts and your main character on one server you may only be a citizen of one node between those three... If you have an alt on a different server, it could be a citizen of a node as well. – Steven Sharif
- Players lose their node citizenship after their node is destroyed in a node siege without entering into a cooldown period.
- Apart from node destruction, there is no player driven system that can strip another player of their node citizenship.
- Node citizenship is not tied to membership of a guild. Guilds don't "own" nodes.
- Players can interact with the node board to get a list of citizens of the node. Clicking on a citizen will reveal information about their guild, society, religion, and property ownership.
- Citizenship tickets may also grant citizenship to certain node stages. This mechanic will be decided based on testing.
- A player does not need to declare citizenship of any node. These players won't need to pay taxes but will miss out on benefits of citizenship.
- Ability to open the door and enter the home.
- Access to crops.
- Ability to deposit or withdraw items from storage containers.
- Permission to use furniture or crafting stations.
- Marriage enables family size to increase by one so that housing access can be shared.
- Access lists can be used to mimic co-ownership.
- Payment of taxes may be via a "gentleman's agreement".
- It'll be a single owner based system for those types of properties- for properties in general, but it doesn't prevent players obviously from collaborating and pooling resources in order to achieve certain achievements in the game. – Steven Sharif
Static housing development
- The Village stage offers small housing types.
- The Town stage introduces medium housing types.
- The City stage introduces large sized homes.
- The Metropolis stage introduces mansion size houses.
If you choose to keep the same size then the next stage will have an occupied small home. So for instance if at stage three there are 8 small home and you own 1, then at stage 4 there are 10 new small homes of which x are owned by previous owners, and 10 new medium homes of which x are owned by upgraded small home owners. – Steven Sharif
New property becomes available at each stage of advancement, but it will be more akin to what was available at the previous stage.
- Only the houses that existed at the Village stage will become main street mansions at the Metropolis stage.
- Houses will be empty when purchased.
- Players may place furniture, artwork/paintings and other decor items in their player housing.
- Each size, grade, and type of player-owned housing determines the number and type of items that can be placed in it. For example: You can place only the best furniture in mansion grade in-node housing.
- Building skins may change the shape of a homestead but the space available for furnishings should remain consistent.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
- Players will not be able to alter structural aspects such as windows and walls.
- There may be decor items that are representative of unique weapons that are available in the game.
- Furnishing items with in-game functionality will be restricted entirely to those created by the Carpentry profession.
- Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like , I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
Static housing destructibility
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
Node building destruction
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- ةدقعلا راصحلا and node wars.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
- Mayors have the ability to demolish constructed node buildings. This will have a node mandate cost and will require player buy-in via a vote.
- Mayors will also have the ability, if they want, to demolish constructed buildings. So if they if they so choose they can destroy a building if they don't think it's needed anymore. But this will have mandate cost and a player buy-in votes. So we want to make sure that [the] mayor can't just go and blow up the whole node if they're trying to grief or something. So this is very important and impactful decision. – John Collins
If building maintenance is not paid, or a building is damaged as the result of an event or siege, the building will enter a state of disarray. Any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- Players must contribute materials to repair disarrayed buildings and restore them to an operational state.
- Node governments must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable by attackers or defenders.
|Player housing||Type.||Availability.||Starting count.||Limit.|
|ققشلا||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||50.||One per character per server.|
|ةرحلا||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||Low thousands per server.||One per account.|
|Inns||Instanced.||Starting areas and دقعلا.||Most accessible.||-|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||8.||One per character per server.|
- If you were to think about the level of exclusivity between the different types of housing that we have, obviously the most exclusive when it comes to a quantity is going to be Freeholds, followed by In-node housing, followed by Apartments, then followed by Inns. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances. Currently freeholds may be acquired via auction.
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- Freehold plots may be purchased from and sold to other players, or can be obtained via deeds issued by a Village ( ﺡﺮﺴﻤﻟﺍ 3) or higher node.
- We're establishing a real estate market that players can invest in and then sell within the in-game economy, but also they are a resource that's subject to removal through the sieging system as well, so there's a bit of risk implied there but the idea is that this is something for players to strive for. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
- Rental and leasing concepts are under consideration.
- فيديو, 2020-05-31 (38:50).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- فيديو, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- مقابلة, 2021-02-07 (42:41).
- البث المباشر, 2020-10-30 (44:22).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-10 (30:53).
- Blog: Development Update with Village Node.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (15:51).
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (38:14).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- مقابلة, 2020-03-27 (0:30).
- فيديو, 2018-04-05 (41:48).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (53:24).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-29 (17:26).
- مقابلة, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (20:54).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (2:22:01).
- البث المباشر, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- البث المباشر, 2018-07-09 (27:12).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-26 (44:52).
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (22:32).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (58:32).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (26:40).
- البث المباشر, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:19:01).
- البث المباشر, 2021-07-30 (1:14:33).
- البث المباشر, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:24:16).
- البث المباشر, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- البث المباشر, 2018-02-09 (51:57).
- البث المباشر, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- فيديو, 2023-06-30 (10:24).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (26:22).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- البث المباشر, 2023-01-27 (1:35:45).
- فيديو, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-24 (29:54).
- البث المباشر, 2020-05-29 (38:04).
- البث المباشر, 2022-01-28 (1:13:55).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-22 (56:31).
- البث المباشر, 2021-06-25 (1:31:04).
- البث المباشر, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- البث المباشر, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- البث المباشر, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- البث المباشر, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- البث المباشر, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- مقابلة, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (57:23).
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (1:32:45).
- البث المباشر, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- مقابلة, 2023-07-09 (1:36:24).
- البث المباشر, 2022-10-14 (52:31).
- ﻲﺗﻮﺻ ﻦﻳﻭﺪﺗ, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- البث المباشر, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- البث المباشر, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- مقابلة, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Blog: Exploring the Boundless Opportunities of Freeholds.
- البث المباشر, 2023-08-31 (18:13).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:12:07).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (14:09).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (13:10).
- Development Update with Freehold Preview.
- فيديو, 2023-06-30 (21:22).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:15:34).
- البث المباشر, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- البث المباشر, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- البث المباشر, 2023-06-30 (1:20:20).
- البث المباشر, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).